What this project involves
Your commitment to this project will involve:
- A 3-day workshop at your closest CSU campus, which will cover cyber security awareness and training.
- Participation in an online cyber security challenge (in teams of 4). We will provide training and mentoring for this.
- The chance to participate in a further 3-day workshop in Wagga Wagga (we will cover any travel costs). This will be awarded to the 4 best performing teams, and cover leadership and entrepreneurship. This workshop will provide an opportunity to learn what it’s like to develop a cyber security start-up and interact with some very successful women in cyber security.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation in the GiCSA project.
Award for the best performing team
The best performing team will also be awarded complimentary attendance to the Australian Information Security Association (AISA) National Conference 2020. This conference will be held in one of the major cities, likely to be Sydney or Melbourne.
Sponsors and other support
The project is funded by the Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation and Science grant (WISE64796) as part of the Women in STEM and Entrepreneurship program.
Other supporters include:
- Australian Information Security Association (AISA)
- Charles Sturt University, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research, Development and Industry)
- Charles Sturt University, Faculty of Business, Justice, and Behavioural Sciences
- Charles Sturt University, School of Computing and Mathematics
- Charles Sturt University, AgriTech Incubator
If you would like to promote this project, you can download and print our poster (PDF).
Locations and dates
Workshops will be held at our 6 major CSU campuses and select study centres. This includes Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Dubbo, Orange, Port-Macquarie, and Wagga Wagga, as well as Wangaratta.
We're looking for expressions of interest from students, teachers and schools.
If you're interested, let us know and we'll contact you with further information soon.