PhD (Monash), OELP (Oxford), PCMAI (MIT), HETC (Harvard), GCTE (VU)
Dr. Anwaar Ulhaq is serving as a senior lecturer and deputy leader, in Machine Vision and Digital Health Research at the School of Computing, Mathematics, and Engineering, Charles Sturt University. Anwaar holds a Ph.D. (Artificial Intelligence) from Monash University, Australia. He has completed the Professional Certificate Program in machine learning and artificial intelligence from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He has extensive teaching and research experience from reputed Australian universities including Victoria University, Swinburne University of Technology, and Central Queensland University. He has also worked as a research fellow at Institute for Sustainable Industries & Liveable Cities, Victoria University, Australia. He received Faculty Research Award in 2021 and Teaching Excellence Award in 2019 at CSU. His research interests include artificial creativity, deep learning, data analytics, and computer vision. He has published more than 60 peer-reviewed papers in reputed journals and conferences.
Anwaar's Google Scholar profile can be found at: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=2p4PBrkAAAAJ&hl=en
1. Anwaar Ulhaq (Co-Investigator) with CSU Cyber Security Team, SCATES: Securing Critical Agriculture Technology and Emerging Solutions, Cyber Security CRCAUD 1350000.
2. Anwaar Ulhaq (Chief- Investigator) and others, Regional Mental Health Research Institute Fellowship, Manna Institute, 42150 AUD.
3. Anwaar Ulhaq, Peter Adam, Tanya Cox, Prof. Manoranjan Paul Automated thermal imagery analysis platform for multiple pest species. A$350,000, Center for Invasive species solutions, Funding, 2020-2022.
4. Anwaar Ulhaq (Chief Investigator), Prof. Ajmal Mian, Automated Animal Species Detection and their habitat Identification using deep Visual analytics of UAV Thermal Imagery A$50,000, Department of Primary Industries (DPI) Research Funding, 2019-2020.
5. Professor Oliver Burmeister, Anwaar Ulhaq (co-investigator), Associate Professor Russell Roberts, Adjunct Associate Professor Susan Field, Dr. Holly Randell-Moon and Dr. Sabih Rehman, Technology in Homes project Evaluation, MidCoast Assist (Ageing Services) AUD 20,000, 2019-2020.
6. Manoranjan Paul, Anwaar Ulhaq (co-investigator), Subrata Chakraborty (UTS), Manash Saha (Manning Hospital, NSW), Motiur Rahaman, Tanmoy Debnath, The Corona Score: Assessment and monitor the progression of COVID-19 using artificial intelligence with multi-modal data, AUD 30,000.
7. Ashad Kabir, Anwaar Ulhaq (co-investigator), Oliver Burmeister, Lihong Zheng, Zahid Islam, Faizur Rahman (Google) Designing privacy-preserving and secure contact tracing mobile apps to combat COVID-19, AUD 12,000.
8. Anwaar Ulhaq (Chief Investigator), Charles Sturt University Research Development Fund 2019. A$10000
9. Victoria University Research Infrastructure Fund 2016, Dell PowerEdge Server and lab development for medical image data storage and processing, Xiaoxia Yin, June he, Yuan Miao, Anwaar Ulhaq (co-investigator), and Yanchun Zhang, A$107,000.
10. Anwaar Ulhaq (Chief Investigator), Victoria University Teaching and Learning grant 2016, Interactive Classroom with duplex communication embedded into VU Collaborate, and Prof. Yuan Miao, A$6500.
Graduated HDR Students :
Douglas Pinto Gomes (Ph.D.): Douglas (2020) Vegetation High-Impedance Fault Detection and Characterization using Machine Learning. Ph.D. thesis, Victoria University.
Ravinder Singh (Ph.D.): Singh, Ravinder (2021) Extracting Human Behaviour and Personality Traits from Social Media. Ph.D. thesis, Victoria University.
Adam Poulsen (Ph.D.) (2022) - Topic: “Design of ethical robots for Aged care), Ph.D. thesis, Charles Sturt University
Asim Khan (Ph.D.)-, Topic: “Deep Learning and Computer Vision for Urban Vegetation Management “m Ph.D. thesis, Victoria University.
In progress HDR Students:
Faranak Touhidi (PhD):, Topic : “3D LiDar data Compression”
Md. Ershadul Islam (Ph.D.): Topic: “Quantum Image Compression”
Computerworld: Aussie developers get quantum computing service in the cloud Posted 22/07/2020, By Samira Sarraf.
Port News Charles Sturt University lecturer Anwaar Ulhaq discusses Y2K 20 years on Posted 31/12/19, 12 PM By Robert Dougherty.
Port News Computer science researchers are using thermal imaging to help locate animals in fire zones Posted 04/12/19, 10:18 am By Laura Telford.
ABC News How maths can be used to prevent another St Patrick's Day fire posted 26 Mar 2018, 3:44 pm By Dominic Cansdale, Steve Martin, and Sian Johnson.
ABC News Could robots help the elderly feel less lonely? Posted 08/05/19, 10:18 am By Sarah Maunder.