Dr Izumi Hiramatsu
BPsych Hons (1st class), PhD
- Psychology of Learning
- Cognitive Processes in Computer Games
- Processes in Human Causality Judgements
- Contemporary learning theories
- Neural Network approach to human cognitive processes
- Feeding young children and babies
- Dryer, M.R., Farr, M., Hiramatsu, I. & Quinton, S. (2016). The role of sociocultural influences on symptoms of muscle dysmorphia and eating disorders in men, and the mediating effects of perfectionism. Behavioral Medicine, 42, 1-9.
- Kiernan, M. & Hiramatsu, I. (2016). Factors influencing women's decisions to initiate and terminate breastfeeding. 680-680. Abstract from 31st International Congress of Psychology (ICP 2016), Yokohama, Japan
- Dryer, M.R., Farr, M., Hiramatsu, I. & Quinton, S. The role of sociocultural influences on symptoms of muscle dysmorphia and eating disorders in men, and the mediating effects of perfectionism. Western NSW Health Research Network (WHRN) Scientific Symposium. Orange, NSW, Australia September 14, 2016
- Kiernan, M.J. & Hiramatsu, I. Factors Influencing women’s decisions to initiate and terminate breastfeeding. The 31 International Congress of Psychology, Yokohama, Japan July 24-July 29, 2016.
- Hiramatsu, I. & Kiernan, M.J. Attitudes and beliefs about breastfeeding in Australian Women. The 6th World Congress on Women’s Mental Health: Trauma, Depression and Resilience. Tokyo, Japan, March 22 - March 25, 2015.
- Yu, C., Hiramatsu, I. & Castillo, P. Effects of accent and gender on credibility judgments the 14th International Conference on Language and Social Psychology. Hawaii, US. June 19 – June 22, 2014.
- Hiramatsu, I., Mason, L., Levingston, A. & Kiernan, M. The Psychometric properties of the comprehensive feeding practices questionnaire (CFPQ): Internal validity, external validity and reliability. 2nd Asian Conference on Psychology & Behavioural Sciences. Osaka, Japan March 30-April 1, 2012.
- Hiramatsu, I., Mason, L., Lobley, K. & Kiernan, M.J. Construct Validation of the Comprehensive Feeding Practices Questionnaire (CFPQ) in an Australian Sample. ACSPRI Social Science Methodology Conference. Sydney, NSW, Australia, December 1-3, 2010.
- Hiramatsu, I., Kiernan, M. & Relf, S. Recipe books in Biopsychology. CSUed. Sydney, NSW. Australia, 9-11 November, 2010.
- Hiramatsu, I. & Kiernan, M.J. Causal reasoning in illness prediction, 10th International Congress of Behavioural Medicine, 26-29 August, 2008.
- Hiramatsu, I., Kiernan, M.J. & Dryer, R. Independent occurrence of an outcome and its effect on causal judgements in retrospective revaluation. 28th International Congress of Psychology, Beijing, 8-13 August, 2004.
- Hiramatsu, I., Dryer, R., & Kiernan, M.J. The effect of the cues that are not present: A revaluation of the Rescorla-Wagner model, 28th International Congress of Psychology, Beijing, 8-13 August, 2004.
- Hiramatsu, I., Dryer, R. & Kiernan, M.J. Changing what we think about cues that are not present: A revaluation of the Rescorla-Wagner model. 11th Australian Mathematical Psychology Conference, Sydney, Australia. 27-30 November, 2003.
- Hiramatsu, I., Dryer, R. & Kiernan, M.J. Evaluation of cell information in a 2x4 contingency table. 4th International Conference on Cognitive Science, Sydney, Australia. 13-17 July, 2003.
Back to Staff listings