DaMRG Meetings & Workshops
Visitors in 2016
A group of three academics from China and Queensland visited us on 18 October, 2016. The members of the research area met the visitors and discussed collaboration opportunities. The visitors were as follows:
- A/Prof. Ji Zhang, Department of Mathematics and Computing, the University of Southern Queensland (USQ), Australia.
- Professor Yonglong Luo, Vice-Dean, School of Mathematics & Computer Science, Anhui Normal University, China.
- Professor Fulong Chen, Deputy Director, Department of Computer Science and Technology, School of Mathematics and Computer Science, Anhui Normal University, China.
Monthly lunchtime meetings, where:
- Members will inform about their recent research activities,
- A member will give a short 10 minutes talk on a recent paper followed by a discussion,
- Research collaboration ideas and necessary resources will be discussed,
- An external guest will be invited when possible to explore collaboration with him/her, and
- Mentors/Senior Researchers will be invited when possible.
Research Retreats, where:
- Members will spend time in brainstorming,
- Senior Researchers will be invited to give seminars and discuss collaboration opportunities, and
- Industry Colleagues will be invited to facilitate discussions on real life problems and collaboration.